Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch features a Transdermal Drug Delivery System (TDDS), whereby the pain relief medicine is spread across an ultra-thin and highly stretchable piece of cloth with a soft adhesive, that when applied directly to the skin enables medicine to be delivered directly to the site of pain.
The thinness and flexibility of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patches makes them extremely discreet and allows them to be applied to the most common sites of muscular pain.
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch is for the symptomatic relief of muscle and joint pain associated with strains and sprains and come in boxes of 3 or 5 patches.
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch can be applied for up to 12 hours and is suitable for both day and night-time use.
Warnings and precautions:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- If you suffer with allergic conditions, have a history of allergy or had attacks of asthma, especially when taking other pain killers, medicines to reduce fever and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- If you are taking similar pain relieving products as the combination can cause additional side effects, if in doubt ask your pharmacist.
- If you have had a severe heart condition.
- If you have severe problems with your kidneys or liver.
- If you have any bleeding ulcers or bleeding problem.
- If you are in the third trimester (last 3 months) of pregnancy.
- To children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
The product should not be used on open wounds, irritated skin, eyes or mucosa.
Take special care with Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch:
- If you have or have had stomach ulcer/bleeding or a history of gastrointestinal (stomach) ulcer or chronic dyspepsia (discomfort after eating or heartburn).
- If you have a history of asthma.
- If you suffer with allergic conditions or have a history of allergy, especially when taking other pain killers, medicines to reduce fever and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Exercise caution if elderly, as you are generally more prone to adverse side effects.
- Prolonged or repeated use of the product can cause sensitisation (hypersensitivity).
- Treatment must be stopped if allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions occur.
Other medicines and Salonpas®:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Consult your doctor before using Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch if you are taking anticoagulants such as warfarin (medicines that thin your blood).
How to store Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch:
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store the medicine below 25°C, in the original package in order to protect from light.
- Whenever a patch is removed from the packaging, carefully fold the open side of the sachet twice to protect the remaining patches from light.
- Do not use Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch after the expiry date which is stated on the box, or more than 3 months after the packaging is first opened.
What Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch contains:
Active Ingredients (each patch) - 105mg of methyl salicylate, 31.5mg of levomenthol.
Inactive ingredients - Alicyclic saturated hydrocarbon resin, liquid paraffin, polyisobutylene, styrene-isoprene-styrene block copolymer, synthetic aluminum silicate, backing cloth and plastic film.